Search

Navigation

 
Follow Us
Mluvíte česky?

Navigation

 

Search

Church of St. John of Nepomuk, Mladá Boleslav

The Church of St. John of Nepomuk was built by the Order of Knights of St. John in the mid-14th century.

The church has a rich and colourful history. It was destroyed during the Hussite Wars. In 1590 a Lutheran priest administrated the church, which was thus attended mainly by German inhabitants. That is why the church was referred to as the German church. It was even used as a military store for some time. It was not re-consecrated until 1816, when St. John of Nepomuk became its patron saint. The church has retained its Baroque style and the main altar is a work by Václav Vavřinec Rainer, a Baroque painter. The church was completely reconstructed in 2003. It is used as a place for holding masses and as a concert hall.

mailMlada Boleslav

Železná, Mladá Boleslav, 293 01

Phone:+420 326 324 115
Fax:+420 326 324 115
E-mail:rkfarnost_mb@centrum.cz
Web:www.farnost-mb.cz
 

Kudy k nám?

Navigation

Navigation

 

 
load